Hey everyone, I hope you're well. Let's be real, 2020 has been a YEAR. SO many downs and ups have happened, and the world has evolved. I've reflected these past few months about life and my life and how I can change myself and the world. I have dealt with some things that have been wanting me to change my outlook and perspective on issues, behaviors, and actions. I won't change and I have vocalized this to few people, but I think that's best because I am not putting too much pressure on myself to change by telling so many people, even though the change needs to happen. Some of my goals are lighthearted and some aren't but that's key to goals and to let life flow and happen.
A Reflection of 2020 Goals
1. Drive more: Definitely happened but was still local. I'm still proud of myself for conquering a fear of driving. I can always need practice.
2. Leaving a comfortable job and wanted something more: YES, definitely happened. I left my retail job of 5 1/2 years and it was freeing, but very bittersweet. The terrible news of my peers losing their jobs at the same place due to the closure, but brought all of us new opportunities, friends, and memories to look back on.
3. Gaining my first job in a school: Super happy I found my current job that I enjoy going to and seeing the cutest kids!
4. Getting into the teaching credential program: I am proud of myself for applying myself and getting into a great school for my teaching credential program.
5. Spending time with my boyfriend: I loved all of my memories and moments I spent with my boyfriend this year in our first year of dating. I have amazing memories and time with him and am grateful he's in my life during 2020.
6. Spending quality time at home with family: Despite the circumstances and events that happened, I enjoyed for the most part having more time at home and getting to spend time with my family and dogs. It made me relax more often and reflect.
1. Drive on the freeways: need to conquer my fear and drive on the freeways in California!
2. Exercise 3 or more times a week: This is always a goal for me every year because I go through waves when it comes to how often I work out.
3. Pass my teaching credential state tests: This is crucial for me to conquer, but I know I need to do it and buckle down to them.
4. Save more money/finance: This comes in waves as well and it's tough. At times, I feel like I can buy whatever I want and sometimes I save so much money and chill. I need to save and be more effective with my earnings and where it goes to.
5. Do face masks and baths more often: SELF CARE IS A MUST. I am inconsistent when it comes to my routines such as skincare and I feel like it should be very important to establish this kind of routine to see a difference and have consistency for my health. I need to want to do my face masks more often and not dwell on them.
6. Become less selfish: Yes, this is a problem for me, and I am aware. To be less selfish, I need to reflect on my actions and behaviors towards others or myself and be more intentional with hers.
7. Be more efficient with my time: I sometimes tend to procrastinate and hold things off due to laziness or other excuses, but I need to be more efficient with my time and not waste it away. I tend to do this when I am doing homework or studying. I need to be stricter on myself and my time to do my work and concentrate to become efficient.
8. Be more present: Phones, social media, problems, boredom, or the future tend to hold me back from being present in my life and I feel like I need to fix this for my good and for other times. By being away from my phone less, having thoughtful and meaningful conversations and actions, and being intentional in what I am doing can be beneficial to me and others around me by being present. From 2020, everyone saw that anything and everything can change in your life, so learn to go with the flow of where life is taking you.
9. Fill out journals and books more often: This can help my mind calm down and gather my thoughts and energy together. I did this part of the year during quarantine by filling out the "52 Lists for Happiness" book when I was feeling low about myself and in quarantine. I was not consistent with it and when I filled it out at night before bed for a couple of minutes and it winded me down at the end of the day.
Thanks for reading my first post of the new year and I hope it inspires you to be intentional and accountable for our goals and aspirations for the new year. Just go with the low though on where your life is taking you and know that life changes.
You can do this!
I'm Mariah Garcia, writer of blog, Mariahmooo. Visit my blog to view daily snapshots of my personal style, Disney parks, lifestyle, & travel spots