So I've been going to college for a hot minute, got my associates, and now going to a university as a transfer student. I'd like to think I know my way around going to a college, but I don't and I don't think everyone does. It's all about trial and error.
Last year of school I only had class Tuesdays and Thursdays and that definitely wasn't bad at all. This semester I only go to my school on Wednesdays (yes I scored on that schedule!) Since I'm now used to going to school for about 8-10 hours, I know what to bring my absolute needs to survive the day. I do over pack a smidge for my school day, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm currently using my old leather from VS PINK that I got years ago. It's cute and can carry quite a bit of stuff. Just not my laptop. Looking for a new backpack for this year that can carry a lot and has a laptop sleeve. Comment and let me know if you have any in mind!
Heres a list of my handy essentials that are in my backpack:
1. Earphones and aux adapter: This is the most important essential for me to have because I just like to keep my earphones on with my favorite songs playing while I'm walking to class and hanging in the library. I have an iPhone 7 so I just use the earphones that come with the phone and for when I need to use them on a computer I just use the aux adapter (thanks Apple for making me carry an extra thing everywhere).
2. Gum: I mean...who really wants their breath to smell like their breakfast all day?
3. Wallet and student ID card: I always keep my ID card with me so if I need to print something off or buy something at the bookstore. Does everyone have a bad, ID picture or is it just me? And you need your wallet so you can buy stuff too, like coffee.
4. Water bottle: Drink that H2o ladies!! Stay hydrated!
5. COFFEE AND/OR KOMBUCHA: YAAS!! They give you energy so you don't sleep in class :)
6. Phone charger: I always bring a charger for my phone because my phone is always on that 'battery saving' mode. Mophie chargers are great too. I use the Mophie power station plus and it lasts for a long time and has a chord with it, so convenient!
7. Planner: I love my planner! I keep track with it, it's so cute and can make it so customizable to you! I have the Erin Condrin Vertical Life Planner and I customized the cover, style (vertical or horizontal), and coil color. Check out their site if you're really interested in planning your life or school schedule! There's a 10% off coupon to use once you enter the site to sign up for their emails!
Thanks for reading and good luck to your semester at school!