So I've been going to college for a hot minute, got my associates, and now going to a university as a transfer student. I'd like to think I know my way around going to a college, but I don't and I don't think everyone does. It's all about trial and error.
Last year of school I only had class Tuesdays and Thursdays and that definitely wasn't bad at all. This semester I only go to my school on Wednesdays (yes I scored on that schedule!) Since I'm now used to going to school for about 8-10 hours, I know what to bring my absolute needs to survive the day. I do over pack a smidge for my school day, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm currently using my old leather from VS PINK that I got years ago. It's cute and can carry quite a bit of stuff. Just not my laptop. Looking for a new backpack for this year that can carry a lot and has a laptop sleeve. Comment and let me know if you have any in mind!
Heres a list of my handy essentials that are in my backpack:
1. Earphones and aux adapter: This is the most important essential for me to have because I just like to keep my earphones on with my favorite songs playing while I'm walking to class and hanging in the library. I have an iPhone 7 so I just use the earphones that come with the phone and for when I need to use them on a computer I just use the aux adapter (thanks Apple for making me carry an extra thing everywhere).
2. Gum: I mean...who really wants their breath to smell like their breakfast all day?
3. Wallet and student ID card: I always keep my ID card with me so if I need to print something off or buy something at the bookstore. Does everyone have a bad, ID picture or is it just me? And you need your wallet so you can buy stuff too, like coffee.
4. Water bottle: Drink that H2o ladies!! Stay hydrated!
5. COFFEE AND/OR KOMBUCHA: YAAS!! They give you energy so you don't sleep in class :)
6. Phone charger: I always bring a charger for my phone because my phone is always on that 'battery saving' mode. Mophie chargers are great too. I use the Mophie power station plus and it lasts for a long time and has a chord with it, so convenient!
7. Planner: I love my planner! I keep track with it, it's so cute and can make it so customizable to you! I have the Erin Condrin Vertical Life Planner and I customized the cover, style (vertical or horizontal), and coil color. Check out their site if you're really interested in planning your life or school schedule! There's a 10% off coupon to use once you enter the site to sign up for their emails!
Thanks for reading and good luck to your semester at school!
I'm Mariah Garcia, writer of blog, Mariahmooo. Visit my blog to view daily snapshots of my personal style, Disney parks, lifestyle, & travel spots